LAKE HARTWELL, SC (FOX Carolina) –
Boaters are encouraged to get their boats inspected, courtesy of the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources.
SCDNR officials said they will be conducting the inspections May 27 through May 29 at set public boat landings to keep boaters safe.
The inspections will check required safety equipment and boat and motor registration. SCDNR said boaters who are not in compliance won’t be ticketed – they’ll have the opportunity to correct the issue before launching their boat.
Inspections will be conducted at the following sites:
- York County: Ebenezer Landing- Lake Wylie, 10 a.m. to noon
- Lexington County: Lake Murray Dam, 10 a.m. to noon
- Clarendon County: Alex Harvin Landing- Lake Marion, 10 a.m. to noon
- Horry County: Conway Marina Landing- New Peachtree, 10 a.m. to noon
- Anderson County: River Forks Boat Ramp- Lake Hartwell, 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Fairfield County: Wateree State Park- Lake Wateree, 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Charleston County: Wapoo Cut Landing- ICW South of Charleston Harbor, 10 a.m. to noon
- Pickens County: Gap Hill Landing- Lake Keowee, 10 a.m. to noon
To report boating violations, call the SCDNR toll-free hotline at 1-800-922-5431.